jwjacobs.com (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through my compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the jwjacobs.com website found at https://jwjacobs.com/ (my “Website”) and my practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information I collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with my advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including my affiliates and subsidiaries); or any third party (including my affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
My Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. I do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to me, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If I learn I have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, I will delete that information. If you believe I might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact me through the contact form on my contact page.
Information I Collect About You and How We Collect It
I collect several types of information from and about users of my Website, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”) that is about you when you contact me to report a concern.
Users of jwjacobs.com are not individually identified, but usage is tracked via an anonymous user id selected by the user following the user’s registration with the site, which requires verification of the user’s e-mail address and phone number for e-mail and/or text updates.
About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access my Website and usage details.
I collect this information:
Directly from you when you provide it to me.
Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and/or other tracking technologies.
From third parties, for example, my business partners.
Information You Provide to Me
The information I collect on or through my Website may include:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on my Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use my Website, subscribing to my service, posting material, or requesting further services. I may also ask you for 4845-5040-3859.1information [when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by me, and] when you report a problem with my Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact me.
- Your responses to surveys that I might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through my Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through my Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- The frequency and characteristics of your usage to identify widely utilized features of the site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although I limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, I cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, I cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with my Website, I may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to my Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- The information I collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps me to improve my Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling me to:
- Estimate my audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize my Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to my Website.
The technologies I use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and my e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How I Use Your Information
I use information that I collect about you or that you provide to me, including any personal information:
- To present my Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out my obligations and enforce my rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and me, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to my Website or any products or services I offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on my Website.
- In any other way I may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
I may disclose anonymous aggregated information about my users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To my subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of jwjacobs’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by jwjacobs.com about my Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give me an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of my Website, I may transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by me when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
I may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
Choices About How I Use and Disclose Your Information
I strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to me. I have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want me to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which I collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or un-checking the relevant boxes or by contact me.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your [e-mail address/contact information] used by the Company to promote my own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending me an e-mail stating your request using the contact form. If I have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future email distributions. [This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want me to use information that I collect or that you provide to me to deliver advertisements according to my advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which I collect your data (the [order form/registration form]). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by contacting me.] [For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.]
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact me to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to me. I cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. I may not accommodate a request to change information if I believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by my Terms & Conditions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of my Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding my disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact me.
I have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to me is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of my Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share your password with anyone. I urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I do my best to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to my Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. I are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Last Revised: 12-21-2016